We provide business planning services to all sectors of the leisure industry. We have undertaken business planning work for facilities of every scale from international to local community provision. A sample includes:
- An operations and business plan for Harrow School to support their planning application for new sports facilities. The plan looked at the timetable and facility requirements both for the school’s curriculum and for its services to the local community. The school has received permission and construction will start imminently.
- Runwell Sports and Social Club in south east Essex is adjacent to a large housing devleopment planned for the former Runwell Hospital. The club worked with Chelmsford City Council to secure £1.6 million funding from the developer through a Section 106 agreement to allow the club to become the sports and leisure heart of the new community. We were then commissioned to produce a long term business plan and facilities master plan to guide the construction of new facilities including a new clubhouse and 3G pitch. The scheme is proceeding to plan and will soon be fully open.
- Great Cornard Sports Centre. We advised the centre on a range of initiatives to increase income including a more focussed approach to membership retention and renewal and the introduction of online bookings and electronic payment systems.
- We advised Henley on Thames Town Council on their business plan for the refurbishment of their sports facilities at Jubilee Park. The proposals are to be funded by a large developer contribution from a nearby supermarket. The business plan for the operation of the pavilion and the facilities it will serve, to enable the Council to make informed decisions on the optimum approach to the project. The council accepted our recommendations and it now proceeding with the scheme.
- We worked in 2019 with our associates at Ottaway Strategic Manangement on an initial business plan for a new leisure centre in Woolwich. Our client was the Royal Borough of Greenwich. The project has now moved to the detailed funding and planning stage.
- The business plan for Loughborough University to support the funding application for the English Institute for Sport High Performance Centre at the university. Our work identified the income and expenditure projections for the operation of the centre and following the success of the grant bid.
- A business plan for North Hertfordshire District Council for a new leisure centre in Royston. Our work looked at the financial implications of six different facility options and guided the council in determining the eventual facility mix.
- A business plan for a new sports hall being provided as part of the Shoreditch Campus development by Hackney Community College. The business plan helped to attract funding and the SPACe (Sport and Performing Arts Centre) is now a very successful dual use project.